Breast augmentation is exceedingly popular among cosmetic surgeries in the world. Celebrities all around the globe are endorsing breast augmentation surgery, increasing the traction for the surgery among the masses.
According to research, breast augmentation was the most popular form of cosmetic surgery in 2018. The surgery is a boon for women who are not content with the size or shape of their breasts.
There are plenty of myths and misconceptions about breast augmentation surgery. So, you will need to know as much as you can before beginning with the procedure. Firstly, let us get to terms with what is breast augmentation.
What Does Breast Augmentation Surgery Mean?
Breast augmentation is a cosmetic surgical process which you can use to alter the size or shape of your breast. The method employs silicone implants or saline breasts for reciprocating natural breasts.
There are heaps of reasons for people to undergo breast augmentation surgery or augmentation mammoplasty. Breast cancer is a significant cause for the removal of breasts in adult women.
Breast augmentation procedure allows the reconstruction of their breasts to their original shape after they recover from breast cancer. The process also aids to rectify asymmetry of the breasts, increasing size or improving breast fullness.
What Are The Various Breast Implants Usable For Breast Augmentation?
Breast implants are artificial materials that a cosmetic surgeon places under the skin of the breast to alter the shape, size, or both of your breasts. The major types of breast implants are –
1. Saline Implants – These implants are full of sterile saline solution. The volume of the saline solution varies depending on the shape or size requirements.
2. Silicone Implants – These implants have cones consisting of silicone gel. Silicone implants give the most natural feel in comparison with all other implants.
3. Alternative Composite Implants – Cosmetic surgeons do not use these implants anymore. These implants generally contain propylene string or soy oil or other similar materials. Fat injections and fillers for temporary breast enhancement are also a form of alternative composite implants.
Here are the 5 of the most significant things you need to know before breast augmentation surgery.
5 Tips To Know Before Breast Augmentation Surgery
1. What To Buy Before The Surgery?
You will need to follow the diet your doctor prescribes from two weeks before the date of the surgery. You will also be taking it easy post-surgery when you recover, so you need to stock up on the essential things before the surgery.
Purchase soft food materials and plenty of fruits and vegetables which will help you in making a quick recovery. As you will be on the bed for some time, buy a straw with a bend for easily drinking fresh juices without straining yourself.
Your insurance policy may not cover breast augmentation procedures as they come under cosmetic surgery. However, certain insurance companies do support the rectification of congenital disabilities or developmental deformities and also reconstruction after breast removal due to breast cancer.
2. Choosing The Right Surgeon
Selecting the right surgeon is one of the most important decisions you need to take before undergoing breast augmentation surgery. The extent to which your surgery will be successful depends on the skills of the surgeon and how much they understand your specific needs.
It can be a tough task to find the perfect surgeon as the number of surgeons are on the rise with the upsurge in the people going through the procedure. From my experience, breast augmentation in Miami, FL pertains to all my needs and even exceeds in some areas.
- Check the credentials of the surgeon before engaging with them. Only select a surgeon who has a license for performing a breast augmentation surgery. Ensure that the surgeon is ethical does not indulge in malpractice.
- Ensure if the staff and the surgeon are friendly and responsive. The surgeon and the staff must be willing to hear your concerns and requirements for making you feel comfortable and to get the result you desire.
- Confirm that the facility has adequate facilities to conduct the procedure. You also need to check if the facility and the place of surgery are clean and well-maintained.
- Check with friends and acquaintances who have breast augmentation to confirm the authenticity of the surgeon. Ensure that the surgeon has a good reputation from former clients. Going through the surgeon’s social media profile will help to give an idea about the surgeon’s personality and authenticity.
3. Develop Healthy Habits.
You have to stop smoking at least two weeks before the commencement of the surgery. If possible, use the opportunity to quit the deadly habit forever. You will need to do regular exercise and get your body in the excellent conditions for the best results.
You also need to refrain from a regular diet and switch to one that your surgeon prescribes from at least two weeks before the surgery.
4. Arrangements You Need To Make
Clean your apartment and space you will be spending the most time during recovery before the surgery. Arrange everything you need within reach of your bed for making your life easy during recovery.
If you have children or pets, arrange someone to take care of them during surgery and recovery. Sort out your transportation back to your home before the surgery.
5. Stop Taking Medications And Recreational Drugs
Certain medications have blood-thinning agents which are detrimental to rapid recovery. You also need to stop consuming any form of alcohol or use recreational drugs well before the procedure.
Choosing to go through breast augmentation procedure can be an intimidating task. There are many benefits for undergoing the surgery that are exceedingly appealing to women. The process can improve your self-esteem and body shape.
Breast augmentation is not meant to last forever. As you age, your skin may get looser, or the shape of your breasts may deform. You will need to undergo breast augmentation again to rectify your breasts to your liking.