The fundamental job of a toddler is to rule the universe.
To rule the universe, one must first experience it. No better way than firmly attached to the ruler’s life source. Voila – the LÍLLÉbaby Complete Embossed Luxe Baby Carrier.
Before I had my one-year-old about, oh let’s see… twelve months ago, I assumed baby carriers were for, well, babies. They are. I was right, BUT – not ONLY for babies. One quick look at LÍLLÉbaby will show how extensive their line of carriers is and how they cater to various ages and sizes. Let’s have a peek at one aimed at the post-infant toddler market – the “LÍLLÉbaby Complete Embossed Luxe Baby Carrier ”:
My charm-child, Mr C, is a happy, healthy 16.5 lbs. Really, he is totally charming and so cute! You should see him; he’s … Sorry – back to the subject at hand. At eleven months old, so, yes, he is in fact ready for LÍLLÉbaby Complete Embossed Luxe Baby Carrier. If not quite, ready, I can always throw in some extra ballast like a bottle of wine or two, some rocks, bag of rice, hawker lunch (?).
Seriously, the LÍLLÉbaby Complete Embossed Luxe Baby Carrier states “Weight Range: 7-45 lb. ( 3.2 – 12.2 kg).”
Wow – that’s a range! Look at the photos on the LÍLLÉbaby and you’ll believe it. In each, the child is positioned on mom or dad’s back facing front. The carrier, however, can be configured to accommodate front, hip, and side carries, as well. One user asks if it is possible to wear more than one carrier at a time. Oh, sure. One in front and one in back. With the quad development supplied in so doing, the user might start thinking about speed skating in the 2022 Olympics (Beijing). Depending on the current age of the youngest, the lucky child may fit snugly into the LÍLLÉbaby Complete Embossed Luxe Baby Carrier while watching the awards ceremony. We’re talking range, remember? We’re talking dreams. But, back to the LÍLLÉbaby Complete..
“Featuring a wider and taller torso than most carriers, the LÍLLÉbaby Completeis possibly the most versatile toddler carrier on the market,” says the Amazon blurb. At the bottom of the torso is a wide, soft band of elasticized woven cotton making for a comfortable fit. A friend was recently fitted with an Osprey backpack with a wide waistband that rests atop the pelvic bone. This, he claims, distributes the weight evenly from the torso to the shoulders enabling longer carry-time and an ergonomic fit. LilleBaby makes a similar claim for its products, especially those, like the Toddler Carrier, designed for the older, heavier youngster. Anyone who has toted a child for any length of time knows the allure of being able to do so without strain and pain. Like backpacking, transporting a child, with the proper equipment, is not only pleasant, but salubrious exercise, as well.
LÍLLÉbaby Carryon Carrier features:
- ERGONOMIC CARRYING – Carry on your front, hip or back. The CarryOn grows with your child up to 60 lbs.
- LUMBAR SUPPORT – Increases comfort, maintains healthy posture and alignment, and prevents lower back strain. Combined with an extra sturdy waist belt to maximize parents comfort.
- THREE-WAY STRAPS – The carrier offers near limitless adjustability! Enables wearer to carry “backpack style” or with straps crossed on the back. Dual adjustment buckles simplify breastfeeding and adjusting straps on the go. The CarryOn also has an adjuster on the front so that you can easily position baby closer to you.
- SLEEPING HOOD – Features dual adjustment points to provide tailored support for baby’s head while sleeping, sun protection while exploring, and privacy while nursing. Removable.
- EXTRA TALL TORSO – So comfortable your baby will fall asleep. The carrier features an extra roomy torso with wider and padded support for baby’s legs, as well as a tall torso that reach high on baby’s back.
- POCKETS – Large zippered storage pocket, plus easy-reach pocket for storing hood and essentials.
- WIDE, PADDED SHOULDER STRAPS & WAIST BELT – Evenly distributes baby’s weight for maximized comfort
About the company LÍLLÉbaby has a Scandinavian foundation in it’s design and inspiration and was founded by designer Lisbeth Lehan. Mom Lisbeth developed LÍLLÉbaby with a team of parents and designers, a rock climber, a chiropactor, pediatricians and anyone and everyone else you could imagine might have a say in how a babycarrier should be made. With knowledge from taking medical courses and design skills, she has the perfect combination of personal experience, education and know how to make wonderful carriers. Please make sure you follow LÍLLÉbaby on Facebook and stop by their website to see the full line of products.
Salubrious and attractive to boot. The “embossed” part of the name describes the quilt-like look and feel of the material -eminently touchable. “Emerald” is not a bad description of the turquoise-y blue/green color. It goes nicely with my bluish, reddish, greenish hair. It’s vital to look one’s best with the ruler of the universe on one’s back.
Did I mention that the carrier is completely washable? The carrier is completely washable. AND it has a convenient pocket large enough for a phone, wallet, paperback book (remember books?), or mini iPad, and a power bar for Mum.
Becoming more vertically mobile by the day, Mr. C is ready for the Embossed Emerald carrier. He can hardly wait and neither can I. Does this mean he will be a “toddler” no longer a “baby”? NO! I’ll not accept that terminology even in the cause of accuracy. He is my baby and shall be for evermore. Toddler, child, ‘tween, adolescent, adult – still my baby!
That said, Baby and I are ready to hit the road together with the LÍLLÉbaby Complete Embossed Luxe Baby Carrier.
To rule the universe!
Valentine’s Day date.
Posted by Janice Leong on Tuesday, February 13, 2018