The World’s Most Elegant Picnic Returns with its 5th Edition in Singapore!
A leading summer event in Paris for nearly 30 years, this elegant and secret
affair is on its way to become a tradition in Singapore, having held its very first in 2012! On 3rd June 2017, Le Dîner en Blanc -‐ Singapore celebrates its 5th edition, with a brand-‐new team of dedicated hosts: Alexis Lhoyer, Guillaume Chabriéres, and Jasmine Tuan.
This year, Singapore hosts aim to revitalise the true meaning of this sought-‐after picnic event. Celebrating life and friendships through good meals and hospitality. Transforming an unexpected public space into an elegant and magical venue filled with memorable experience. Bringing everyone together for a great outdoor dinning experience. To be part of the festivities, sign-‐up now to the waiting list at singapore.dinerenblanc.com/register
Year after year, the breathtaking scene of thousands of white-‐clad guests descending upon one of the city most prestigious public space becomes more extraordinary for guests and passer by alike.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
Registration to participate happens in three stages:
- Phase 1 is for members who attended the 2015 edition; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list via: singapore.dinerenblanc.com/register. All Phases will be closed by 20 May 2017
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions.
This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: head-‐to-‐toe in elegant and white only attire. Originality is encouraged as long as it is
stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white! Be creative!
- Champagne and/or wine only. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- As per Singapore alcohol regulations, guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests who wish to enjoy some wine or Champagne, must reserve online through the Dîner en Blanc’s e-‐store. However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-‐alcoholic beverages.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring:
• A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
• A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
o A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those
who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online must reserve online through the Dîner en Blanc’s e-‐store.
For full details on the event’s rules and regulations, please visit singapore.dinerenblanc.com/about
Le Dîner en Blanc – Singapore gratefully acknowledges Resort World Sentosa as the official catering partner of the 5th edition of Le Dîner en Blanc in Singapore.
About Le Dîner en Blanc
Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc has become a worldwide epicurean phenomenon. Dîner en Blanc -‐ Paris now attracts over 10,000 people each year. What was a “friends and word-‐of-‐mouth only” event has grown into an international sensation celebrated on five continents. While the technology behind the event may have changed over the years, the principles fuelling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a
gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret posh picnic in over 70 cities in more than 25 countries around the world. Each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair. For more info and photos of Dîner en Blanc events from around the world, visit the
official website dinerenblanc.com.
About Le Dîner en Blanc -‐ Singapore Hosts
The new hosting team of Le Dîner en Blanc – Singapore helms from various disciplines in events, creative and entertainment. It is composed of Alexis Lhoyer, Guillaume Chabriéres, and Jasmine Tuan. Wine lover, deejay and, a serial entrepreneur with 13 years of experience in launching new ventures across Europe and Asia, Alexis Lhoyer has been organizing music or wine related events as well as deejay internationally. He has a strong know-‐how of leading direct B2B sales as well as B2C through marketing, partnership and sponsorship. Alexis holds a Master of Business and Administration from INSEAD and has established an extensive network across the F&B industry. Founder of Chabevent and Chab Videoproduction, Guillaume “Chab” Chabriéres has been organizing events across the world for the past 11 years. He started as a House music deejay inFrance and became an Artistic Director across France and UK. He holds a master degree in International Business Management and has been working on large scaled events in France, UK, China, Russia and Singapore. As an event organizer, his strong attention to details and his skill at managing people enable him to deliver the most magical events within tight deadlines. Founder of Brandmama brand consultancy, Jasmine Tuan is a passionate and innovative brands advocate entrepreneur with more than 16 years of experience in visual communications, design, PR, marketing, events and brand development. The former Zouk Senior Media Designer has founded and managed her own fashion label ‘FrüFrü & Tigerlily’, ‘Blackmarket’ concept retail store promoting Asia designers and has worked with celebrity and watch expert Dominic Khoo at his private urban art gallery ‘28th Fevrier’. Her work experiences have given her a tremendous network across high net worth and creative spheres in Asia.
Keep up to date on event announcements:
Hashtags: #dinerenblanc #dinerenblancsg #debsg2017
For all official videos of Dîner en Blanc around the world, visit YouTube Le Dîner en Blanc