Recycle your e-waste and be agents of change together with Singapore’s first eco-mall from 5 June to 6 July
This World Environment Day, City Square Mall, owned and managed by City Developments Limited (CDL), invites the public to do their part for the environment and be agents of change towards a sustainable future. True to its commitment as Singapore’s first eco-mall, City Square Mall’s Electronic Waste (e-waste) Recycling Programme encourages the public to go green and recycle their e-waste instead of tossing away unwanted electronic or electrical items.
World Environment Day is the United Nations’ principal vehicle for encouraging worldwide awareness and action for the environment. Since establishment, it has grown into a global platform for people to realise their responsibilities towards the environment. This year, City Square Mall further reaffirms its support for the environment through its new recycling programme targeted at a growing concern of today’s society – e-waste.
E-waste is any electronic or electrical item that one no longer find usable or useful. Due to space constraints, large and bulky items such as washing machines and TV sets will not be accepted. The mall welcomes all types and brands of electronic and electrical equipment for recycling, including the following:
Battery chargers, cables, computer mice, desktops, docking stations, hard disk drives, keyboards, laptop, mobile phone batteries, mobile phones, modems, monitors, plugs, tablets and telephones.
Blenders, electric fans, electric kettles, food processors and radios.
From 5 June to 6 July, participants who trade in their e-waste at the L2 Customer Service Counter will receive an eco-bag from City Square Mall, limited to the first 1,000 participants and one eco-bag per person
The public can look forward to educational eco-related activities at City Square Mall, including an exhibition by National Environment Agency (NEA) between 5 to 6 July at B1 MRT Entrance. In a bid to raise awareness and educate the public on how to reduce their carbon footprint, the exhibition will highlight some tips for safeguarding our environment to ensure sustainable and quality living for present and future generations.
There will also be eco-related games at the exhibition between 2 to 5pm on both days.
For more details on the E-waste Recycling Programme, visit www.citysquaremall.com.sg or check out City Square Mall’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/citysquaremall.
About City Square Mall
City Square Mall is Singapore’s first eco-mall, located at the junction of Serangoon Road and Kitchener Road. Owned and managed by City Developments Limited, the mall has some 200 tenants that cater to the lifestyle needs of everyone in the family. Connected to Farrer Park MRT station, City Square Mall is one of the largest malls in Singapore with 700,000 sq ft of gross retail space, offering the perfect setting for the community to shop and play while acquiring an eco-learning experience.
City Square Mall is the proud recipient of the following awards and accolades:
- FuturArc Green Leadership Award (Commercial Architecture) 2011, awarded by BCI Asia
- FIABCI Prix d’Excellence Awards 2011, Runner-up (Retail category), awarded by Federation Internationale des Administrateurs de Bien-Conselis Immobiliers
- ASEAN Energy Awards 2011, 1st Runner-up (Energy Efficient Competition – New and Existing category), awarded by the ASEAN Centre for Energy
- 3R Packaging Awards 2011, Distinction Award, awarded by the National Environment Agency
- Green Mark Existing Non-Residential Buildings Platinum 2012, awarded by the Building and Construction Authority of Singapore
- ‘We Welcome Families’ Awards 2011 and 2013, Excellence Award (Shopping Mall category), awarded by the Businesses for Families Council
- LEED Gold Certification (LEED-EBOM category) 2013, awarded by the U.S. Green Building Council
- AsiaOne People’s Choice Awards 2014, Best Shopping Centre (Suburbs), awarded by AsiaOne
- AsiaOne People’s Choice Awards 2014, Top 3 Best Family-Friendly Mall, awarded by AsiaOne
For more information on City Square Mall, please visit www.citysquaremall.com.sg.
This advisory was issued on behalf of City Square Mall.