- What are the challenges you face from the scrutiny and adoration of the public?
Raymond: Well there are two sides to every coin, and I think we know and understand that being in show business for so long, the scrutiny I wake up to, different haters every day on social media. So I’m used to it. And same thing with adoration, same thing with people who follow us. I think we’ve been prepared ever since because we grow up in this industry, and I think this show just brought in more audience, either the lovers or the haters and I think we’re ready for that.
- What are your odd/weird habits? Raymond: Me? I never drink hot coffee (laughs). Only iced. I don’t know why, I just never drink my coffee hot. I think it might have been because my tongue was burnt before by like a really hot coffee, so I was like f* this forever (laughs).
Richard: I have this weird habit that Sarah noticed. You know when you drink coffee there’s the small plate, a saucer. I always put my cup outside of it. I just don’t like the clinging sound when the cup touch the saucer, so yea that’s kinda weird.
- Is there something we don’t know about you? Raymond: A lot of things! I think the audience in the Philippines knows me for being a talk show host so I’m usually the one asking all the questions. I’m usually the serious one if you see me on the television. So I think on this show, you’ll get to see my personality, my sense of humour, and the things that I’m going through. I don’t like to share my problems on the social media, so here you’ll see more of what I’m thinking, my goals and dream and stuff like that. You’ll just get to know me more.
- If you could choose to be anything, what would you choose and why? Richard: Superhero because I want to save the world! (laughs)
Raymond: Yes, Richard would be a superhero cause he’s annoying like that (laughs). I would probably have an advertising agency. Something that has to do with the creative field. Or have my own fashion line or clothing company. It would probably be street wear, affordable and stylish.
- I am sure you would face harassment every now and then, which is the funniest encounter? Richard: I got my ass squeezed. We were on a tour; I was walking into the crowd and somebody just grab it. It was a small hand, and a tight squeeze. Just one big squeeze. And there’s another one, I was filming a tele-series. We were having a cast bonding in the pool side of a hotel and this girl came to me and ask, “Can I have a picture with you?” So I was like, “Sure.” Then she asked, “Can you carry me like we just got married?” I had to say no (laughs). My co-actor saved me and said “I think it’s a bit too much. Let’s just take a picture and move on.”
- Would the Gutierrez Family be thinking of doing a movie together? Raymond: Oh someone suggested it yesterday, for us to do a movie together. But I don’t have “it”, so I don’t know how that’s gonna work out. But I think we’ll take it one step at a time. We’ll focus on the reality show; there’s possibly a second season so we’ll talk and finalize that first. My sister has a movie out now, and Richard has a movie out in July, so we’ll focus on this first but who knows… Maybe in the future.
- The Gutierrez Family is known as the Kardashians of Asia. How similar and different are you to the Kardashians Family? Raymond: We’re similar in that we’re a family and we’re both doing reality show. But I think we have different stories to tell, different journeys to share with our audience. The Kardashians have been doing this for 10 years and have done an amazing job of making an enterprise and a business out of the opportunity that was given to them, and that is something admirable. But we have different sense of value. We have different upbringing, different personalities and characters. So, very different.
- And which Kardashians family members are you similar to/relatable and why? Raymond: Obviously I’m a Bruce Jenner! (Laughs) No, I’m kidding. I like Khloe because she’s funny. I think she’s the funniest sister. I also like how business-minded Kris Jenner is. So if I have to pick one, I think I’ll be Khloe, sense of humour wise.